Monday, April 4, 2011

Got a new job today

A woman walked in - I'll call her Mrs. X for now, since I don't think my clients would like it if their anonymity was broken in a blog - and hired me to help her find her son. Son of X ran away two weeks ago to live in the big city, but Mrs. X is worried about him and wants to know he's alright. He's an adult, so she can't go to the police for help. Turns out, she flipped open the Yellow Pages and found my name - which is good, since it must have been an old Yellow Pages, since I stopped paying for it a few months ago.

Anyway, she gave me his name, a snapshot of him, and a list of his friends in the area. She doesn't want me to force him to go home, she just wants to know if he's okay, where he's living, things like that. I gave her my usual rates and she handed me a check.

It's good to be in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment